Fill in the blanks
- Complete the nuclear equation :
- Nuclear reaction produces radioactive and non-radio active __________
- _____________ used to generate electricity.
- Control rods are made up of ___________________
- The energy produced in the stars is due to _____________
- Gamma rays can cause ____________ in living cells.
- Increasing fissionable isotope of Uranium in the natural uranium is called_________
- The nuclear reaction that cannot be controlled is _____________
- ________________ is an example of uncontrolled fission reaction
1 marks/2 marks
- What is artificial radioactivity? Give an example
- In nuclear reaction the products obtained are very less
- Define nuclear fission
- Define controlled fission reaction
- Mention the types of reactors, with their purpose(use)
- What is nuclear power reactor?
- Which are the substances used as moderators?
- Name some of the coolants used in nuclear reactors.
- List out the nuclear power reactors in India
- Define nuclear fusion? Give an example
- Nuclear fusion is desirable than nuclear fission. Justify
- The nuclear materials shall be disposed carefully./What are the harmful effects of radioactive materials
- What is nuclear energy?
- Name the fuels used in nuclear reactors
- What are the significant characteristics of radio activity?
- What is chain reaction? Draw the schematic diagram of nuclear fission reaction of U235 and also write the equation
- What are the types of chain reaction? Define each
- What is enrichment of Uranium? Why is it required?
- Draw the diagram of nuclear reactor. Mention its parts
- Explain about the parts of nuclear reactor
- List out the differences between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion
- How are the nuclear wastes are disposed?/What are the precautions taken during disposal of nuclear wastes?
- Differentiate between chemical reaction and nuclear reaction