Fill in the blanks
- Crop plants cultivation is started in _________________ age
- Crop plants are classified on the basis of ______________
- The crops that are raised in rainy season called ______________
- Crops that are harvested in summer called ___________
- Procedure in which seeds are selected from plants having desirable characteristics ______________
- Increase in the chromosome sets per cell can be achieved by a chemical ___________
- The basis of tissue culture is _________ of plant cells.
- Example of genetically modified herbicide resistant _____________
- In Bt cotton gene isolated from _____________ is introduced
- Method of growing plants in mineral rich water is called ____________
- Crossing of the male and female individuals of the same species among the same breed is ____________
Short answers- 1 or 2 marks
- What are food crop plants?
- Define term variety.
- What are the procedures in conventional breeding?
- What is tissue culture?
- Define totipotency.
- What is roof top gardening?
- List out the approaches used in animal breeding.
- What is in breeding?
- What is hybridization?
- List out the three different kinds of breeds of cow with example
- What are preservative?
Long answers – 3-4 marks
- Write the types of crop plants with examples
- Write brief about plant breeding. What is its advantage
- Classify crops with examples.
- Explain selection
- Explain different procedure followed in hybridization
- Explain polyploidy with its advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain induced mutation
- Explain genetic modification.
- List out uses of tissue culture
- How the Bt cotton is made free from worm infestation
- Draw diagram of Hydroponics system
- What are the advantages of hydroponics?
- Explain aeroponics with diagram
- Hydroponic and aeroponics are significant in developing space food.
- What are the benefits of roof top gardening
- Write about types of livestock depending on their utility.
- What are the main outcomes/objectives of animal breeding?
- What are transgenic animals? Give examples.
- Explain about food additives.
- List out the types of preservatives.
Match the following
|1||Herbicide resistant||A||Golden rice|
|2||Pest resistant||B||Leguminous plants|
|3||Virus resistant||C||Tomato (flavr savr)|
|4||Modified ripening||D||Water melon|
|6.||Vitamin A enriched||F||Tobacco|
|1||Exotic breed||A||Bacillus thuringinesis|
|3||Indigenous breed||C||Inter genetic hybridization|